, , , ,

Beauty | Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Sunday, January 10, 2016


There has been a lot of genuine buzz about this foundation for some time now. Though I am a faithful user of my Nars Sheer Glow foundation, I could not resists the urge to try out the foundation Tamanna Roashan (DressYourFace Makeup Artist) and Jaclyn Hill (Youtube Guru) have been raving about.


I bought this at the Sephora Dubai mall branch. The GA counter lady was super super helpful in finding me the right shade which for my liking is No. 8. I tend to go 2 shades darker with my foundations otherwise I end up looking like a ghost in photos (trying very hard to erase a few of those photos - with flash - from my memory!).

The 1st star goes for packaging - Thank you GA for the pump. Note people, foundations with pumps reduces wastage especially when you don’t want to waste a drop of luxury products as this one.


2nd star because the texture of this foundation is light and soft. It gives a medium to build able coverage with a smooth finish. With 3 pumps I was able to achieve a medium coverage.

Most importantly, it did not oxidize which adds the 3rd star to this product.


I have combination skin - oily T zone and dry rest of the face - so the foundation settled perfectly on my skin. I tried out this foundation on a day when I attended 2 events and had a lot of running around to do. After around 9 hours on my face, it did not budge or get oily (except for my nose which is a sweaty zone for me). 4th Star for staying put my friend.

So now to the point why everyone is cray cray about this foundation - the illuminating factor. I kid you not, this foundation has some micro light reflecting ingredients in it which basically gives you an airbrushed radiance - 5th Star for that glow.

This is my new Holy Grail of all holy grail items. If you have a holy grail item which you think I must try, please comment below. I would love to hear from you all.

Also, I will post a detailed write up on the above make up look next.

Always remember to smile.


You Might Also Like

0 comments