, ,

Beauty | 2014 Beauty Favorites

Tuesday, January 27, 2015


2014 was all about pursuing the art of makeup and discovering so many wonderful products along the way. Narrowing down some of my absolute favorites was a tad bit difficult but I am happy with the final list. Ladies, these are some items you may want to add to your 2015 beauty/ makeup routine. 


Makeup Brushes
This was hard I tell you. Having to pin down your favorite brushes to only 9 is a difficult task. Especially for someone who carries 25+ brushes for bridal/ party make overs. If you have these essential brushes, you are good to go.

Foundation: Duo Fibre long stippling brush and Expert face brush
Eyeliner: Angled eyeliner brush
Eyebrows: Angled eye-brow brush (Anastasia dipbrow pomade is my absolute favorite brow product)
Eyeshadow: Small shadow and blending brush
Lips: Lip brush
Contour/ Highlight: Small tapered brush
Cheeks: Short stippling brush.


Beauty Blender
The beauty blender gives such a smooth finish to my makeup. And the micro blender is great for those inner eye corners and dark circle. Not to forget, its easier to blend cream contours with.


Foundations
Ponds Flawless BB+: This is my go to daily use BB cream. Though beige I feel this adapts to my skin tone and provides the right amount of moisture also includes SPF which is a plus.

MAC Matchmaster: For parties, I love this foundation. Its light to medium coverage and easy to blend and very mattifying.

NARS Sheer Glow: Ok. I don't know why I waited so long to get my hands on this. The formula looks watery however it dries fast on the skin. Easily buildable and gives a very silky smooth finish, soft to the touch. Nars is reserved for all the glam occasions. But I am still disappointed about the missing pump. 


Eye Shadow Base
One of my favorite intro of 2014 is this Soft Ochure eye shadow base from Mac. First and most importantly it doesn't make my eyelids look grey. It holds on to the eyeshadows like magnet and accentuates the shadow well.


Eyeshadow Palette
Urban Decay's Naked palette has paved the way for this beauty. The Lorac Pro Palette is a match made in heave both both daily subtle looks and those full packed glam smokey eye looks. These lush colors are highly pigmented and the color payoff is mind blowing (especially Gold). My ultimate go to palette for 2014 and this month too.


Cheek/ Lip Stain
Kevyn Aucoin - The Creamy Glow is my top favorite discovery of 2014. This cheek stain has become a life saver as it doubles as a lip stain too. I simply love, love, love this color. When applied lightly on my cheeks, it gives me a rosy pinched cheek glow. I simply add two spots of the stain to my cheeks and use my fingers to blend. 


For the lips, I go from sheer pink application to deep red. Saves me so much space in my makeup bag and time too! Sometimes I add a translucent powder to give it a matte finish or I apply lipgloss on for a glossier finish.


Contour/ Highlight
2014 was the year of contouring and highlighting. I mean this just became phenomenal. Slimmer face structure accentuating your cheek bones and the 1 minute nose job. I mean who wouldn't be obsessed. 

Honestly I was a bit skeptical about this purchase since I was already using mac mineralize skin finish four shades darker than my skin tone for contouring purposes and loved the color and finish. But ladies, this palette is another all in one. Setting powder, highlighter and contouring powder all in one place. I am now waiting to get my hands to a few other contour pans in different shades to play with. 

Alternatives:
Setting: Ben Nye banana powder
Contour: Mac mineralize skin finish in Deep dark and L A Girl cosmetics concealer in Beautiful bronze.
Highlight: Mac mineralize skin finish in Soft and Gentle


Lipstick
Lipstick is a big no no for my dreadfully dry lips. But this is one makeup item that literally brightens up my face when used. It seriously does. No joke. My lips may hate lipstick but I love them. These Red and Pink ones are my 2014 favorites.



Mac - Ruby Woo
Illamasqua - Eurydice
Nars - Natalie


Makeup Bags
The Lancome makeup bag is compact and the right size to fit in my handbag. Irrespective of its size, I carry all my daily use makeup. Note, I don't use foundation or face powder on a daily basis both of which would of course have taken up a lot of space.

For travel, this makeup bag from C Wonder is just perfect. Now this one carries all of my A to Z makeup items. Foundation, powder, shadow palettes, brushes, primers, lashes, glue, eyeliners, pencils, lipstick, etc. and more. I find the neon orange color so attractive. Orange is the new Black, isn't it?


Makeup Remover
Johnson's refreshing daily use facial cleansing wipes are the bomb dot com. They wipe my face clean and leaves it feeling refreshed.

Bioderma cleansing water as you all know is every makeup artist's must have cleaning solution. Make a mental note here ladies - purchase when next in Boots Pharmacy.

Nivea 3-in-1 Micellar cleansing water is a more cheaper alternative to the Bioderma. It takes a bit longer than its alternative but this also leaves your skin clean and refreshed. No need to use a toner after this.

To avoid premature aging, remember to always take off your make-up before sleep. I hope the above items makes it hassle free for you all.

Now on to 2015, I cannot wait to see what these ever creative beauty brands have in store for us. More colors, textures, trends, designs and what not. Are you as excited as I am? What products have been your 2014 favorites or do you love the same items too? Let me know in the comments below.

Much Love!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Hey mimo, awesome read! I like plenty of things from your selection but the stand out has to be the kevyn aucoin cheek & lip stain, it just looks amazing! And something that i need to pick up..where did you get it from? ProMakeup Boutique?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pooja, I had bought the Kevyn Aucoin Cheek stain from Amazon last year. Since they stopped shipping to Dubai, ProMakeup Boutique is the best place to pick it up from! :)

      Delete
  2. All your reviews are awesome. I love to read them. Get to know so many new things about makeup & trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing these beauty tools. Super Blender Sponge pointed & rounded tips for multiple . I prefer the beauty blender or the sponge from Real Techniques over this one. i Buy here only just check it out Beauty Blender Dubai | UAE Online Shopping Websites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about beauty tools. Its really beautiful. Beauty Blender, the little spongy hot-pink egg that has flipped and reversed our whole makeup method, in the best way possible.Beauty Blender Dubai | UAE Online Shopping Websites

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got fab posts that i get to learn a lot from.. Keep up the good work💟 God Bless! (INSTA BEAUTYHACKSDUBAI)

    ReplyDelete