,

Beauty | Makeup Brush Cleaning Routine

Tuesday, February 10, 2015


Sometimes the simple reason behind a breakout or clogged pores is an infected brush especially if left to gather makeup and dust over a long period. And let’s admit it, makeup brushes are quite expensive and some sets cost a fortune to invest in. With the right care, you will be able to ensure that they last you for a long time to come.

I make sure to clean the brushes I use on myself on a bi-weekly basis or weekly when I tend to have a lot of outings. It can seem tedious but once you get into routine and have the right cleansing products, it is bound to keep pimples at bay and make brushes last longer.


I had researched and tried out a few methods before I found the right mix. Sigma has made my life easier with the introduction of their brush cleansing glove. When I bought my 29 brushes set from their website, without hesitation I went on to add the 2X Sigma Spa Brush cleaning glove.


All you need is Johnson's baby shampoo and keep olive oil handy for once a month conditioning session.

My brush cleansing routine:
1. Firstly I hold the bristle part of the brushes under running water to clean the excess residual makeup off for about 10 -15 seconds.
2. Next in a small bowl of water, I add some of Johnson's baby shampoo and swirl the bristles of the brush in the solution.
3 After which I start brushing against the silicone texture of the cleansing glove.The makeup starts to come off. For foundation and blush brushes, it takes a little longer but ends up washing away every spec of makeup.
4. Best part of the spa glove was that it helps me to squeeze excess water and reshape the bristles.
5. Finally I leave the brushes to air dry laying them down on double sheets of paper towels.

For the monthly conditioning routine, I would add a few drops of olive oil along with the Jonhson's shampoo. Mix them up in a plate of water and swirl my brushes in it then moving on with the cleansing routine. This added routine keeps my brush bristles soft.

As a substitute to the cleansing glove, you can also use one of those massaging palm comb/ brush. Works in similar ways to the sigma cleansing glove. I have always used a sponge prior to purchasing the glove and it did a good job too.

Hope this helps. Remember, clean brushes are essential for breakout free skin.

Much Love. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Heyy.. Thanks for the excellent info.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very grateful to you for sharing this. Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer. It is Always Available here Real Techniques Brushes In Dubai | Buy Makeup Brushes Online

    ReplyDelete