, ,

Beauty | Glambox December'14 Box

Sunday, January 11, 2015


The very last Glambox of 2014! Its been a wonderful year of introductions to some really great products which have changed my beauty regime for the better! Keep reading to find out how you can get a 25% off on your next subscription.

December'14 Glambox included the following products:
1) Vanilla & Macadamia Lip Butter from Labello
2) 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water from Nivea
3) Hair Building Fibers from Topíkk
4) Hydrating Cleanser, Night Crème and Eye Crème sample from Derma-E
5) Hydra Intensive Mask by Dr. G


Vanilla & Macadamia Lip Butter from Labello
Of all beauty related products, Lip Butters are my absolute best friends. During my high school years, I used to be addicted to the Labello Cherry Fruity Shine lip balms. You would always find one in my school bag and a back up one at home.

The vanilla & macadamia lip butter reminds me of freshly baked vanilla cake. This buttery formula comes in a compact round tin and is thick in consistency. Applies smoothly onto lips and gives the appt. amount of hydration. You only need a little amount of product per application. I give it a 4/5.


3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water from Nivea
It was Glambox that had introduced me to BioDerma Sensibio H2O skin cleanser, which till December was the only make-up remover I used. Now the Nivea cleansing water is another product which I am so glad to have received via Glambox. 

During my trial for the past two weeks, I must admit I have not found any difference between the Nivea cleanser or the BioDerma one. Both are equally effective in removing make-up and leaves the skin feeling refreshed. Except for the price though. This Nivea cleansing water is budget friendly and comes at a super cool price of AED22, whereas the Bio Derma one cost around AED100.

If you have ever used the Benefit - They're Real mascara, you would know how tedious it is to remove it. This cleansing water removes the mascara product without much effort and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy at all. My skin feels so soft after every use. This gets 5/5.


Hair Building Fibers from Topíkk
I have dark brown to almost black appearing hair and sadly I received the sample in Light Brown. :( So disappointed that I missed the deadline to fill in my beauty profile. This however didn't stop me from doing some tests. If you are suffering from hair loss and find your self having patches of scanty/ thinning hair, this is a must have. These hair building fibers are made from natural keratin protein and are apparently magnetized with static energy. So this grabs on to your hair like iron shavings to a magnet and makes them look naturally thicker. Since it definitely the wrong color for me, I am heading to the nearest pharmacy to me the right one.

So ladies this particular products calls for a neat trick that I must tell you all. In substitution to the Toppík hair building fibers, you can use a dark brown eye shadow (depending on your hair color) to create an illusion of thicker hair line. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!


Hydrating Cleanser, Night Crème and Eye Crème sample from Derma-E
Night time beauty regime is fast becoming absolutely necessary. Derma-E is fairly new to the market.  As most hydrating skincare products, these gel+creams contain hyaluronic acid which does the job effectively and the vitamins replenishes vital nutrients for your skin. 

These samples lasted me a week. The night face and eye cream were my favorites. Every night I used them religiously and would wake up to soft and glowing skin. Ladies, these help delay premature aging lines and wrinkles. (I can almost sense people rushing out to purchase these. Anyone left on my page? lol) 


Hydra Intensive Mask by Dr. G
These kind of sheet masks are fast becoming a must in every girl's weekly skin care regime. From my previous experience with the Olay masks, I was super delighted to get my hands on this. One Tuesday evening after a dull day at work, I decided to take some me time. After wiping off all the make up from my face, I put on this cool mask, lit a candle (My favorite Sweet Pea from Bath & Body Works) and sat down for some light reading.

This mask is absolutely luxurious in every sense of the word. Concentrated with hyaluronic acid and evening primrose oil, the mask hydrates and rejuvenates your skin leaving your face feeling deliciously soft and smooth. Thanks to this my evening picked up and did not end on an unwanted dull note. Dr. G Mask give you spa worthy skin care at home.

I am looking forward to what Glambox has in store for 2015. If you have not yet subscribed, head on to their page to subscribe to either a 3, 6 or 12 months subscription. Use the code GLAMBIRD1 to get a not-to-miss 25% off (Code expires on the 12th of Jan). Hurry Up & Subscribe!

A virtual high five to all the Glambox Subscribers! Leave a comment below if you are one!

Much Love!

You Might Also Like

0 comments