, , , , , , , , ,

Beauty | 3D Smokey Eyes

Sunday, January 31, 2016


Hey there lovely people.. I thought I would share with you the deets for the 3D smokey eyes look I posted on Instagram a couple of weeks back.


I always start with the eye make up first and then move on to concealer, face and eyebrows. :)

1. Start with apply an eyeshadow base/ primer on the eyelids. I prefer using mac prolong wear paint pot in Soft Ochre. For the light tanned south Asian skin, I have come to find this is the base there is.

2. For the eye, all the shadows I have used are from the Nars Dual Intensity eyeshadow palette. Love Love Love the colors on this palette! First I did a smudgy winged liner on the outer corner of my eye with Sycorax (Black shadow - don’t be afraid to pile this on! The darker the better!). I have also applied the same shadow to the inner corner of my top lid. Next I applied Europa to my lid in a slide and drag motion (only to the center of the eyelids). Then I moved on to the liner where I went with a subtle winged liner with the Givency Magic kohl. the upper lid is done tadah! If there are any fall outs, you can easily wipe it off without any damage.

3. Concealer next. Without a seconds thought, I go directly to Mac prolong wear concealer. I feel this is military grade make up. It corrects my dark circles with support of the mac orange corrector. Make sure to set your concealer with some Banana powder.

4. While I am waiting for my concealer to set, I have lined my lower lid with the same Givenchy Magic kohl and use Sycorax from the Nars palette to darken and give it a smudged out effect. Listen carefully, this is essential for the 3D look. Apply a bit of Europa to the the center of your lower lid. Moving on to mascara, I have used Givenchy’s Noir Couture Volume mascara.

5. Foundation time, you know what I used here if you have my previous posts. I am using my holy grail foundation of the year - Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation. You can read all about why I cannot live without this product here. I have buffed it onto my skin for a all over smooth effect. Then moved on to highlight & contour with my beloved ABH contour kit. I hope to post a more detailed post on how I contour & highlight soon.

6. On my lips is Mac Meher. This is my all time go to combo with dramatic eye makeup looks. Its a rosy nude matte lipstick.

7. The second to last thing I do is apply lashes. Here I have used the House of Lashes #Noir fairy. These lashes spell D.R.A.M.A. I have been asked by so many people about these lashes and received so many compliments.

8. Lastly, I did my eyebrows here. Done thin arches for this look as I wanted all the attention to focus on my eyes. I have used the ABH dip brow pomade for my eyebrows.

I have tried to keep this post as detailed as possible. If you have any further questions, you can leave me a comment below and I will make sure to answer them. :)

Much Love,
Mimo




You Might Also Like

0 comments