, , , , , , ,

Beauty | Colourpop Mania - Part I

Tuesday, March 08, 2016


Confessions of a Makeupaholic - The aptly titled biography that would describe my addiction to makeup, shopping, sleeping, etc. etc. Lets not forget binge watching Friends (but doesn’t everyone do that?).

My little box of joy arrived and I could have sworn that was the happiest day of my life.. umm maybe a close second happiest day of my life, so far. Don’t know how I resisted purchase of ColourPop for so long. It must have been on my wish list for 6 months before I caved. And no I couldn’t just check-out with just a few items. ;)

Lets dig into the stash now..


The packaging is A+ and the colors are true match to what you see online. I purchased 2 Ultra matte lip creams and 3 Lippie Stixs. 


From the bottom, More Better and Bad Habit are the matte lip creams. More Better is a berry shade and Bad Habit is more of a plum shade - both having cool undertones. First thing to notice is how pigmented these are, I mean the colour payoff is absolutely astounding. The formula for Ultra matte lip creams is really good - the lip cream dries of with semi matte finish but it did not dry out my lips like most matte lipsticks/lip creams, they apply smooth and the texture feels silky, its long lasting and quite easy to take off. Over all ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip creams gets 5 Stars from me.


On to the Lippie Stixs, I bought Silk, Lumiere and Grunge. Silk is a deep burgundy color with cool pink undertones, Lumiere is a dusty mauve pink and Grunge is a medium brown with warm undertones.

The packaging is slim twist up lipstick design and smells like vanilla - does anyone else feel that? I am not complaining. These were described as matte however they looked more like cream sheen when applied. I felt Silk was more on the matte side than Lumiere and Grunge. Not complaining here either, I love how it looks. The color payoff is good - at first application it comes off translucent but it is build able as you see from the pic. Texture feels creamy and I loved the finish.  

These lipsticks and lip creams are by far one of the best purchases. I have super dry chapped lips which no matter how often I scrub, they end up chappy within 5 minutes of lipstick application. I found them to be remedial to my dilemma along with looking gorgeous on me.

I feel ColourPop purchases doesn’t require any justification. ColourPop and Makeup Geek are brands that give you more than what you pay for in terms of quality and quantity. This is why they have a loyal customer in me.

One regret though, I should have added the lip pencils to my basket! Those and more are going to be a part of my next online spree.

Are you a ColourPoppette or ColourPopper too? Comment below and tell me what are your favorite ColourPop items.

Much Love,
Mimo

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hey Mimo,

    Perfect review, just wanted to know from where did u order colorpop, direct from their website or through any dealers?

    Many thanks,
    Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great Information
    Here, you will be greeted with a host of spa & beauty treatments, along with creative & innovative services, for you to look good & feel even better!

    RE- Salons & Spas continues UAE expansion with launch of third and fourth outlets in Dubai Internet City and Dubai Marina
    Eyebrow Shaping at Dubai for home services and best offer.
    *Home Spas Dubai
    *Facial in dubai
    *Salon and spa in dubai
    *Home spa dubai
    *Salons and spa
    *Beauty and spas Dubai Internet City

    ReplyDelete