, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Beauty | ColourPop Mania Part II

Sunday, March 20, 2016


I have kept the best part of my ColourPop haul till the last. ColourPop eye shadows deserve as many headlines (if not more) as their lip products. What can I say, this brand has me head over heels for their products.

Firstly let me get over with the one minor drawback I found. I don’t think much of the design of the shadow pots, I would have preferred to have the general mac pot design concept which is swift to handle than the screw on pots. As I said, its a minor flaw on the overall product concept, not a deal breaker in any way. I am guessing ColourPop wanted to break the mould here in terms of design, I maybe wrong here. Such containers are great for products of cream consistency like lip balms or moisturizers. Leave me a comment below if you feel the same or you feel this works better. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.


I have purchased 4 matte and 6 metallic Super shock eye shadows. Since I have a fairly good collection of matte shadows, I went on to add more of the metallic ones.

Value for money? No doubt here. For $5 (AED18 approx.), the shadows are highly pigmented and the color payoff is beyond generous like other ColourPop items. The texture of the matte shadows are as you would expect powdery but the metallic ones are oh-so s-i-l-k-y. I am not exaggerating here, these shadows are similar in texture to the Makeup geek shadows. This is one factor that I found other high end brands - like urban decay, mac, too faced, etc - lack. It was a revelation to me, soft buttery metallic shadows are so much more gentler on the skin. They apply like a dream. Again, not exaggerating.

I have just categorized them based on plum and earthy tones.

Here they are: 


From the top: Central Perk, Stereo, Hustle and Cricket.


Central Perk (When you reference Friends, it is a sure winner): Matte maroon shade

Stereo: Metallic glittery burgundy shade with slight hint of copper and violet

Hustle:  This one is categorized as matte but I felt its more of a blend between matte & metallic because its infused with fine shimmer. Its a violet-burgundy shade.

Cricket: Metallic mid-tone plum shade with soft glitter


From the top: Hanky Panky, Girl Crush, So Quiche, On The Rocks, Mooning and Partridge


Hanky Panky: Matte light cream shade (too light to see here but this is perfect as a base shadow).

Girl Crush: Matte gray shade. (I was drawn to this shade since I have nothing else like it).

So Quiche: Metallic olive antic gold.

On The Rocks: Metallic bronzy shade with fine purple & gold glitter.

Mooning: Metallic blackish bronze.

Partridge: Metallic greenish brown shade with pearl finish.


To my dismay, 'So Quiche' arrived shattered but I am not the one to give up on my makeup. Have tried to salvage it as much as possible but nonetheless, I came to realize that it makes for a great pigment. Hallelujah.

I will have a few makeup looks incorporating ColourPop eye shadows in the weeks to follow. Keep an eye on Snapchat for sneak peeks.

P.S. Can someone remind me to get Nillionaire next time?

Much Love,
Mimo



You Might Also Like

1 comments